Question
Posted by: freaky | 2009-08-04

Late Periods

Hi Doc, my periods are five days late, i have a very consistent cycle of 30 days and was suppose to see my periods on the 31st of July. Is it too early to do some home preg test? how long should i wait? is there anything that could disturb my periods other than pregnancy, I have been trying to conceive lately. I am not on any contraceptives and I have intercourse regularly, please advice. my last periods on the 1st of July were shoter than normal.

You can do a pregnancy test now. there are other cause of late periods, but start by doing a pregnancy test.

1
Posted by: Anon | 2009-08-04

If you are trying to conceive then you can do the pregnancy test but there are other courses of missing periods like the following:
Illness, change in schedule, change of medication, stress, being overweight or underweight, etc Good luck though hope you are pregnant.