Posted by: Bee | 2012-03-14

Late period on Clomid

Hi there CyberDoc,

I am ovulating every month and have a regular and normal 26day cycle.

I am on my 1st cycle of Clomid, though.... not because I have a problem with ovulation, but because hubby has an 8% morphology and we have been ttc for a year now. I went onto Clomid, just to try and up the changes of getting preggies.

On Clomid, my left ovary felt very heavy and a dull pain, which, I hope, means that I ovulated more than one egg.

I am 8 days late today. I did a pregnancy test on the 3rd day of skipping my period and it was negative.

What could the reason be for my late period? I ovulate without the help of Clomid.... does it mean that Clomid is actually preventing me from ovulating, as I am not getting my period.

I don''t understand what is going on in my body.

Thank you kindly,

Clomid will not prevent from ovulating but will enhance ovulation. Ask your doctor to do a blood test to see if you are pregnant, as this is the most possible cause for your late menstruation.

Posted by: Bee | 2012-03-14

Hi there,

I just took another preg. test and it is negative again.

Reply to Bee