Question
Posted by: Ang | 2010-06-14

Late period last month and still waiting for this months to start

Im alittle confused. Last month i was a few days late then when i got my monthly it lasted about 5 days. then this month it was due around the 4th and today is the 14th and it still hasnt come. I went to the doc last week for meds coz i had pains on my lower right side. The doc thinks im pregnant bt i told her i already took a pregnancy test 3 weeks back and it was negative. And also I did get my period last month even tho it was late. Now Im thinking maybe shes right? But im not feeling nauseous or anything. It does feel like Im going to start my period tho. Should I wait alittle longer or do a pregnancy test now?

Do the pregnancy test now.

4
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-06-16

Do the pregnancy test now.

Posted by: Purple | 2010-06-14

Go and see your gynae.

You need to rule out an ectopic pregnancy. They need to do three quantitative beta tests each 48 hours apart. If the pregnancy hormones are rising then you are pregnant, if they are saying you are pregnant, then not (fluctuating) then the doctor should do a scan and see if there is anything in your uterus such as free fluid or an embryo.

If you have a lot of pain on your one side, and especially if you start bleeindg and get pain in your shoulder, see your doctor very urgently.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: m | 2010-06-14

when i found out i was pregnant,i was already 6 weeks.but when i was about 2 weeks i went to the clinic for pregnancy test.i was having my period at that time and they didn''t want to do it.but 4 weeks later.the surprise.so i had my period while pregnant.it also happened the same way to my grandmother.the blood pregnancy test is more correct.try that.

Reply to m
Posted by: K | 2010-06-14

I think you should do a blood pregnancy test, otherwise, it could be a cyst delaying your period (lwhich is what happened with me).

Reply to K