Posted by: Ping | 2012-06-26

Late Period and Spastic Colon

Hi for the past two weeks i have severe abdominal cramping with unbelievalbe flatulence and gas build up. I have also experienced some heartburn. the doctor said it was IBS which i suffer from and it has been a bit overactive at the moment due to stress. i did a pregnancy test 7 days before my period and it was negative. My period is now one day late.

I am Just wondering if the spastic colon can casue me to be late?

WHen can i do a pregnanct test again?

Spastic colon will not cause a late period. It is best to wait 3-4 days after the expected period before testing.

Posted by: Nini | 2012-06-26

Doing a pregnancy test 7 days before your period is due will never give you an accurate result, even if you re pregnant.

If you are now officially late, then you can take a test now and it should show whether you are pregnant or not. Try and get the ClearBlue tests, they are the most accurate.

Reply to Nini