Question
Posted by: Niri | 2012/04/18

Late period

Hi Doc,

Please can you advise, I''m not sure if I am pregnant or not. I did a home pregnancy test and it came our negtive. My last period was on the 13th April, I have all the symptoms tender breast abdominal pain but still nothing.

What could be the problem?

You have not missed a period and your pregnancy test was negative. Tender breasts could just be hormonal.

3

Posted by: Zar | 2012/04/18

Do you mean 13th April or March? 13th April was last week Friday if you mean 2012 not 2011

Reply to Zar
Posted by: Annie | 2012/04/18

When did you do the home pregnancy test? You can always do one again - first thing in the morning.

However, you are 5 days late already, I would suggest going for a blood test.

I had the same, tested negative with urine (2 days late) but blood test revealed that I am pregnant.

You can ask you GP to send you for tests, as normally they give the results to your doctor. Phone the office, perhaps you dont have to go for consultation?
My gyne''s office took the blood sample and send it off. I had to phone gynes office for result. They did not charge consultation as I did not see the gyne.

Reply to Annie