late period.

Hi Gyne doc!

My first day of my last period was 15 May' 09. I was supposed to start my next cycle on the 10th of June. I have been late now for 8 days. (I have never had a problem with my cycle  always have a 27 day cycle) Monday 15 June went for bloods - Negative. The receptionist at my gynes office told me to phone by the end of the week if I have not yet received my period. Did so today and she tells me to " wait it out"  and not to worry???
Should I be concerned that I haven’ t started my period yet?

It doesn't seem that pregnancy is the cause for your late period. It may be a transient event due to stress, change in diet,etc. Give it a bit longer and see what happens.

is it normal after an abortion to wait for more than 8 weeks to get your periods?