Question
Posted by: agent debs | 2008/11/20

late period

I have just been to the gyne as my period was 40 days since last period. We are trying for a baby and thought I was pregnant, had alot of symptoms a week ago. Negative. She did an ultrasound and saw a black circle and she said it is either a cyst or I am about to ovulate. i started to spot bleed that night and in two days have started a full period. Was on the pill for 17 years to control irregular periods.

It sounds like you ovulated late and thus had a late period. The black circle would thus not have been due to ovulation.