Question
Posted by: Sands | 2012/01/19

Late Ovulation vs Due Date

My LMP was 4th November 2011.
On 24th December - I started bleeding very lightly with minimum cramps.
On 27th December - I went to my GP who tried to do an ultra sound but could not really see much from and suspected that I was miscarrying but when measuring from the little that he could pick up, he put me at 6 weeks.
On 30th December - I had a HCG test that confirmed I was between 7 - 8 wks pregnant, which would correspond with my LMP.
On 12 January 2012 - I had my first gynae appoint. per LMP and HCG results I would have been 9+ weeks/10weeks.
Gynae measure fetus CRL and it read 8w 0d with the yolk sac visible.

Is it possible that due to late ovulation my EDD would change? and What effect can it have on baby/me since HCG shows dates corresponding with LMP but ultrasound different?

Everyone is telling me to relax and that it would be normal for baby to come anytime between 37 and 42 weeks.

Unfortunately, I can''t relax because this will be my 4th c/section and I live 115kms from the hospital. I would hate to go into labour and something bad happens.

Late ovulation could alter your EDD and the scan is more accurate that the HCG level. Go with the scan dates.

1