Posted by: polly | 2011-05-17

late onset hay fever?

I (28yr old female) moved from australia to berlin over 5 years ago, around 2 years ago i started experiencing what i assume are hay fever symptoms. this year however, has been an escalation, i have the perpetual feeling that i have somthing stuck in my throat, even on rainy days, in addition to itchy eyes and ears, sneezing and runny nose etc. i have tried over the counter tablets avaiblilbe here but they make me feel very foggy when i wake up and have even slept through my alarm.
my main problem is the throat, any recommendations?
i have never previously had allergies, aside from a skin allergy to cholrine

I think that you are suffering from a chronic sinusitis, possibly caused by the severe air pollution in a city like Berlin. I suggest that you consult a doctor for an examination. It is easy to see if it is irritation due to a sinus infection or due to an allergic process. Your doctor will be able to prescribe the correct treatment.