Question
Posted by: o.j | 2008/07/16

Late coming at work.

Hi-
I seem to be having a problem that needs professional help, Im always late for work and this has happened throughout the years even at school. I do like my work and enjoy the challeng that it brings but im afraid i will loose it.

There are no medications for that, but seeing a CBT style psychologist for counselling could help you learn time-management and related skills, so as to stop being late

4
Posted by: Simple | 2008/07/17

Here is an idea pull your finger out and take some responsibility. There are many people that would kill for your jobs and would probably do it better then yourselves. Its not rocket sience to be at work on time ... They way you peeps are going on those positions of yours might just be replaced.

Reply to Simple
Posted by: Me too | 2008/07/17

Pea, im also just like that..Im not a morning person at all...I arrive late and still dont feel like working in the morning until around lunch time..I know this is wrong but its feels good to know that im not the only one with this problem

Reply to Me too
Posted by: Pea | 2008/07/17

Hi O.J

I' m also sailing in the same boat. With me, I' m not really a morning person. Usually only sleep around 1am. Even at work, i feel ready to work only in the afternoons. So I make it up by leaving late at work!
But I still get the secretaries'  looks when I waltz in usually 45 min late.
Maybe you need to chat to your boss and arrange to make up for it after hours.

Reply to Pea
Posted by: Ruby | 2008/07/17

Hi O.J.

They once had this issue on Carte Blanche and the conclusion they came up with was that " chronic late comers"  does not take the time it takes to a certain place in consideration. For example, you must start work at 8. So 8 o' clock in the morning you leave your house to go to work. Or if you have a dinner date at 7pm, you will think it' s enough time to leave at 7.

So I suggest you force yourself to leave your house earlier in the morning even though you might think that there are plenty of time to reach the office. Try to establish how long it takes you to get to work from your house and deduct that from the time you are suppose to start work.

Who knows, it might just save your job.

Reply to Ruby