Question
Posted by: Kate | 2010/06/07

Late &  Short Period

Hi Doc.

For the past 3 months or so my period has been much shorter than normal. I just turned 26.
Usually it lasts a full week, first few days being heavy and then becoming lighter and then the last 2 days kind of spotting.
Now for this month and past 2 months it was much shorter, this month only 3 days and no spotting and then every month it has been a week late. For that week my tummy feels heavy and every day I feel like I''m going to get my period.
What could this be?

Periods do chnage over time, so the length is probably not important. Work out how long your cycle is by counting from the first day of a period to the first day of the next. A cycle of up to 35 days is normal.

1