Question
Posted by: Angela | 2010-03-03

Last workout- when will muscles go flabby?

Hi, how long after my last proper workout do the muscles start to go mushy again? I haven''t been able to do a proper workout (Just doing walking) in a week because I hurt my hip while moving and I''m starting to feel flabby.

Hi Angela

Not for a long time, don't worry. The body doesn't 'turn-over' that quickly. You'll lose fitness within about a week, but that is not even noticeable unless you're an elite athlete who is pushing right to the limit. For most of us, a week off isn't too obvious. Two weeks is, we feel unfit with that length of a break, but it's easy to make up.

But the muscles don't go mushy, it's mostly just perception because you're so accustomed to running and training harder that you're itching to go.

Obviously, if your hip is hurt, you need to treat in order to continue training without making it worse.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010-03-11

Hi Angela

Reply to fitnessdoc