Posted by: CS | 2008-12-19

Last one for 2008

Hi CS,

You don' t hear from me in AGES and then all of a sudden 2 in 1 week ... feast or famine I guess!

Oddly enough, (or perhaps not so much, but still surprising to me?!) I seem to be fine. Today is my last day in work for 2008, so I just thought I would wish you a happy Christmas &  New Year.

Obviously my relationship with you only consists of the few postings on here, so I hope this will not be inappropriate or overstepping boundaries. The reason I say what I am about to say is because sometimes everyone just needs to hear something that somewhere they know deep down from an unexpected or perhaps arbitrary source...

I read your reply to the post about ' unconditional love gone wrong'  - and it really, really touched me. That you, someone so caring and intuitive and wise are susceptible to the same intrinsic human fears &  emotions that are both the cruelest and best part of being a human being ... and very often not necessarily a reflection of reality at all.

And, as you have so often wisely pointed out to people on here, normally those that question themselves are often the ones that least require to do so. I am so sure that your Mom would agree with that.

I really hope that this Christmas will not be difficult for you &  that you will be able to celebrate the wonderful gift that you were able to give your mother.

Best, Sincere wishes,

Posted by CS ? Am I talking to myself ? Ah, from Garfield. That's better. Thanks, too, for your good wishes, and for your even kinder and gentler thoughts. Years ago, I had the privilege to get to know the great Carl Rogers, who spoke of Unconditional Positive Regard as essential in therapy, and exemplified it so well in his own life and relationships, at least as I experienced him.
As for many people, this is not a naturally happy time of year ( I'm pleased that it is for many other people, but worry about those who feel no Yo-Ho-H0 and are made to feel wrong for not leaping into the party ).
Have a great Christmas, and the great New Year you so well deserve