Question
Posted by: Jeremy | 2010/04/21

Last 5kgs to lose

Hi i have been on a healthy eating loose weight diet, plan have lost 10kgs so far need to loose 5 more, not working, i havve only been doing cardio excercise should i start doing some weights

Hi Jeremy

It's tough at the end, those last kilos are tougher to lose than all the others put together!

It often takes a few diet changes, because you reach a point where your diet is matched with your training,so you must change something.

So I'd consider seeing a dietician, if you havne't already done so - these last kg's are subtle and tricky.

In terms of exercise, the key is often the intensity of training. Rather than doing more, it's often better to train a little harder. Not over the top hard, but just to do some harder training, where you increase the speed of a run for say 5 minutes at a time, and feel a greater "burn".

You can also add training days a week. If your'e training 3 days, do 4, or 5, and that often makes quite a nice difference as well.

I'd hold on the weights for now, until you've done all those things, and then look at weights.

2
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/04/30

Hi Jeremy

Reply to fitnessdoc
Posted by: anon | 2010/04/29

how long did it take u to lose 10kgs - i am struggling to lose weight - yesterday i started the hip hop abs - maybe u shd try it - its a great work out

Reply to anon