Posted by: Sandy | 2013-01-22

I was wondering if anyone in this forum has ever had lasik eye surgery? what was the outcome and any reccomendations for a really good opthamologist in JHB.

I don''t know anyone and i am scared of going to a surgeon that i found on google :)

It sems to suit some people and not others. But whatever the condition or treatment, I believe one ios better of seeing a competent specialist in the field for a proper assessment, and then a discussion of treatment options, rather than starting off with the idea of a treatment, and looking for someone who'll provide it, whether o not its the best thing for you. NEVER go to a surgeon you find on google. Your GP or Oculist should be able to recommend a good general Opthalmologist ( DON'T ask just for one who does this particular variety of surgery or favours it )

Posted by: M | 2013-01-25

Hi Sandy,
Have a look at visiomed, near Cresta -well recommended. I refer all my patients there for Lasik.

Reply to M
Posted by: Purple | 2013-01-23

Why not ask your doctor or optometrist to refer you to an opthalmologist?

Reply to Purple