Question
Posted by: Melissa | 2012/02/16

Laser therapy

Hi DietDoc,

Spotted on groupon today a special for some or other kind of Laser therapy that guarantees 2-5cm off immediately. what is your take on this.

I already do about 40mins of gym, started two weeks ago. Eat relatively okay *could be better*

Do you think its could be detrimental in the long run?

Dear Melissa
I have heard of this laser treatment that is supposed to 'remove fat'. After discussions with Dermatologists, I don't think the method is effective and that the lasers still need further development and refining. I also hear that the treatments are very expensive. I am reserving judgement until the laser lipo method has been improved and I have read some scientific reports about its effect. Stick to your regular exercise and a diet that is well balanced, but moderately reduced in kJ and fat.

1

Dear Melissa