Posted by: Michelle | 2011-07-25

Laser Lipo

Hi there, I have an under active thyroid (Hypothyroidism) i would like to go for Laser Lipo as I am desperate to loose weight however they dont reccommend it. Why and what are the dangers of doing this?

I am desperate to loose weight and having the condition that i do makes it very hard to.

Please can you give me some advice as to why its not reccomended :(

Unfortunately, you will struggle to loose weight. You should be accutely aware of your thyroid levels, in order to know if your condition is well controlled. Poor control will result in weight gain. You can consult a dietrician for a sensible low calorie diet and I also suggest regular exercise.

You can consult the doctor performing the laser lipo and he/she will be able to advise if you can undergo the procedure if your thyroid levels are well controlled and if you are not experiencing any complications due to the condition.

Posted by: Michelle | 2011-07-25

Hi Doc,

Thanks for the reply! I have been overweight my entire life! and i havent picked up weight but remained the same. I have tried diets and i exercise but it doesnt seem to help. My TSH levels are under control but i am not dropping weight and would like to try this as a last resort. I do follow a healthy life style with the occasional cheat but it seems that this is the body im stuck with :(

Reply to Michelle