Posted by: mozambican girl | 2009-04-14

Hi doc, I´ m very happy with Bio Art bcause i sent a friend of mine and she is pregnant and she told me that are 4 embies, congratulations.

on 2007 i left my embies and eggs for freezing and I´ m supposed to go for another IVF on november but I would like to know if is possible to do LH of all embies (4) that will be transfered, and I would like to know the procedures and what is necessary to me to do. Is possible to know if the embies and eggs are still good? my daugther is 12 months. and i would like to know the cost of using frozen embies and eggs.

thanks doc

Dear Mozambican girl

It has now become standard protocol for all frozen embryos to be laser before embryo transfer. In addition if fresh embryos require lasering as per pre-determined criteria then laser hatching is performed. The cost of using frozen embryos will depend on what protocol is needed but should not exceed R5000 in total.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim