Question
Posted by: Johara | 2010/04/20

Laser Hair removal

Hi Doc, I have finally decided to go in for laser hair removal on my face but what i need to know is how many treatments will i need the laser clinic is offering me a ''special'' for 6 treatments somehow i doubt i will need that many how many do u suggest i go for i thawt 2 maybe 3 would be enough for now.
Im also gonna do my underarms and i also dont think i will need too many, but whats your advice.
Thanks Johara

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Johara, thank you for the question.

The amount of hair removal sessions is determined by a number of factors:

Hair growth cycles: one can only destroy the hair follicle during its growth stage (anagen) and not during its catagen (dormancy) or telogen (resting) stages. To complicate matters further different body areas have different anagen stages – on the face around 65% of the hair follicles are in the anagen stage while in the axilla (under arm area) only 30% of the hair follicles are in the anagen stage.

Hormonal levels: these can have a direct effect on the amount of hair follicles in their growth or dormant/resting stages.

Hair follicle depth

Area of treatment: see above

What the above simply means is that a number of sessions will be necessary and you may need more than 2 to 3 sessions.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/04/25

Hi Johara, thank you for the question.

Hair follicle depth

Area of treatment: see above

Reply to anti-ageing expert