Question
Posted by: TRACY | 2012/01/26

LARGE PORES

HI DOC
Compliments of the season to you, what can i do about large pores in my chin area, can i get a cream or will laser treatments work ? if so what laser could i go for ?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Tracy, thank you for the question and the compliments; I wish you all of the best for 2012.

This is a difficult question to give an accurate answer over the net as one would ideally like to examine the chin before deciding on the best treatment options.

We need to distinguish between ‘true pores’ and the small rounded wrinkles that develop from the over activity of the chin muscle (known as the orange peel effect or peau de orange).

Pores respond best to Alphahydroxy and/or Betahydroxy acids in the form of topical products and chemical peels. Both modalities should be used to get the best results and one can combine this with either IPL or fractional skin resurfacing lasers (Fraxel, Palomar, Lumenis, etc.) for additional improvement.

If the ‘pores’ are indentations and wrinkles in the skin one should get a good response with fractional skin resurfacing lasers (see above).

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2012/01/30

Reply to anti-ageing expert