Posted by: Miela | 2013-01-22

Laprascopical Hernia Repair

Dear Doctor Burger 

May 2012 i had an laprascopical umbilical Hernia repair. (with the mesh) I had a checkup with the doctor after 10days and he said that the operation was a success and i should have a flat stomach within 6 weeks. After 6 weeks i went back to him because the area around the umbilical was not flat and the umbilical stood out as it did before the operation.

He then told me that my stomach will not go flat because of very weak tissue around the umbilical and barely no mucsles are left.

He said that i must trust him and that the operation was a definate success.

I am realllyyyyyy worried as i am expierencing slight discomfort in my stomach around the umbilical (however i pressume it could still be the mesh " settling in"  but whats bothering me the most is the umbilical that is " popped out" 

In youir opinion do you think i must get an second opinion?

thank u verymuch.

Yes, I do suggest that you get a second opinion. You can consult a plastic surgeon, as it is possible that excessive fibrosis has formed, causing the popping out of the umbilicus and the discomfort.