Question
Posted by: John Cumming | 2010/04/04

Lapband in South Africa

I have a BMI of 55 and would like to get a lapband, can it be done in SA? If so who and where, is it safe and what should I know?

Dear John
I would recommend that you contact the Bariatric Centres of Excellence in regard to having a gastric bypass to assist weightloss. You can contact Jana Derksen at the Call Centre for the Netcare Bariatric Centres of Excellence on 0861-623-7489 or contact her at: jana@pharmacallcc.com or call her on her cell phone at: 072-373-0155 or visit their Website at www.netcare.co.za to discuss options like the lapband if you have a great deal of weight to lose.

1

Dear John