Question
Posted by: Can81 | 2008/07/24

Laparsocopy &  Cycle changes

I recently had a laparoscopy to remove stage 3 endometriosis, I had it done on my 9th day of my cycle. I' m now on day 33 of my cycle and have still not started my period yet. I don' t have a very regular cycle, its between 28 &  32 days. Would having this procedure change my cycle at all, cause the way the gynae explained it, it could sort out all my issues.
I have done a pregnancy test (negative) and am now worrying that something else might be wrong!

You can have a delayed period after a laparoscopy. It should be back to normal next month.

2
Posted by: Can81 | 2008/07/25

Hi Jooles

Thanks, I' m just becoming so paranoid that there is now something else wrong!
Ok, well thats good to know! You can also not get to speak to the Gynae &  find out if this is normal, so you sit in the dark!
Did your Laparoscopy sort out all your issues? I' m hoping that this is the end of all the problems!

Reply to Can81
Posted by: Jooles | 2008/07/24

Your cycle will definitely be delayed because of the laparoscopy. I too had one two years ago and period was delayed by a few days. If it doesn' t come by the end of next week then give your gynae a call but I' m sure it will arrive. Good luck

Reply to Jooles