Posted by: Clare | 2010-02-28

Laparoscopy results

I had a laparoscopy on Friday after trying for 3 years to fall pregnant. My Dr said both ovaries are good, both tubes are open, he also did a d& c. He said he found minimal endometriosos behind my womb which he removed. His suggestion is that we carry on with clomid (i ovulate on 50mg) for the next four months and see what happens. What are my chances after the procedure of falling pregnant? is it more favourable as my lining etc was cleaned during the d& c? is there anything else i can do to help?

Dear Clare

There is no medical reason as to having an increased chance of falling pregnant after having a Laparoscopy and D&C. has your husband sperm been checked and is it normal and are you ovulating normally?

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo