Question
Posted by: C | 2009/12/09

Laparoscopy did not work?

Dear Dr,
I went for a lapscope due to heavy painfull period pains
( dysmenorrhea ), and ultra sound and scan reveald cysts or endometriosis, the Dr removed the cyst. I do not have children yet. I am 25 and not using anything. Dr said there is nothing wrong with me, what ever it was could only caused pain, my tubes are open. After surgery my first period was normal at last. Now, The second one I was sick all over again, vomiting, pain, pain, pain. What do you think, did surgery not work for me? Or is it something else? What can I do? ( this was the 2nd specialist I saw, and the 6th Dr ).

The laparoscopy is really to look for a reson for the pain. I presume that there was no endometriosis. If this is the case, your pain is probably the 'normal'pain that many women use. You could try Ponstan or the Pill to help with this.

2

Posted by: Ann | 2009/12/09

Sadly the endo can grow back if not removed correctly. it must be removed via cutting and not just laser. If you dont want kids now you should go onto the injection to prevent period pain.

Reply to Ann