Question
Posted by: P | 2008/07/01

Laparoscopy

Hi Doc, since ive had laparoscopy done on the 4th April this year, ive been to the doctor several times about the infection. There's this itching deep down my vagina, especially at night.There's not much discharge but the texture changes becoming thinner than the normal white discharge.My GP prescribed sporanox, i took it, the infection disapperead for just a few days, i went back again, this time she prescribed a Betadine doucher,if i stop using it for a few days,it comes back again. The itching continues even if the infection disappears, its driving me insane.My sister is a nurse and suggested I drink lots of milk, eat plain yoghurt with live B cultures which i do almost everyday, but the problem still persists.Please HELP!

It sounds like thrush. Have a look at the Top 5 questions for ways of preventing recurrences. Many lifestyle changes are necessary.