Posted by: Madelein Hall | 2011-01-27

laparoscopic Nissen operation

I am about to go for a laparoscopic Nissen opperation, because my reflux valve happens to be too big and does not close properly, therefore i have severe reflux. The surgeon said that it is not a big opperation and all he is going to do is resize the valve. I have heard so many stories about " once you have had a stomach operation your life will never be the same"  people are scaring me with their stories and i want to know once and for all, will my blife be normal afterwards or will i never be able to do sports or exercise again?????

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Hi Madeleine
A specialist physician could assure you about the prognosis. This really is not a question for Chiropractic.
Talk to your family physician who knows you better.