Question
Posted by: FattyBoomBoom | 2012-09-14

Lap Band Surgery

Hi all

Its been 5 weeks I am still down the 7kg''s which I lost in the first week (they say its good as most people loose only 2kg''s in the first 6 weeks). I wanted 7kgs every week!! ha ha then I am impatient. The doc say''s i want to walk into the FAT DOOR when going for surgery and come out the THIN DOOR.....

On Monday I will get my first " fill"  (the band will be inflated) and i will be only able to eat 125ml food at any time (now its 250ml). I can eat 6 times a day. Breakfast, Lunch and Supper as well as 3 snacks.

After monday the weight will come off at about 2 - 2.5kg''s a week. Can''t wait.

I have so much energy i have never felt this good - i have started Aqua classes and can''t wait to go.

I even walk short distances although i dont think i''ll ever like it enough to do marathon''s.

CS, they say many people who have any of these weight loss surgery''s get " transfer addiction"  - maybe you can elaborate?

I found myself in front of the fridge the other day thinking what am i doing here i am not hungry? and rather than eat i went for a walk.

I have met another lady through this site and post as Fatty Boom Boom she is busy getting approval from medial aid etc....Good Luck!

Have a wonderful weekend Cs.

Love as always dear " old"  friend.

ME!

What matters most isn't how quickly you get there, but how well you stay there !
YOur p rogress sounds realistically god ; marathons are not required, and indeed dangerous during a major slimming endeavour.
Transfer addiction is not a generally recognized and used official term. I guess they mean that in their experience, people who tend to go overboard as a general tendency, when their one area of overdoing things becomes impractical ( as in your situation ) may switch to overdoing something else. This is why I don't like the assumptions of a purely surgical approach, without adding something like CBT to help avoid switching to some other area of dependency.

5
Posted by: MonTage | 2012-10-05

Which medical aid''s scheme''s cover this?
I really want and need it, but financing is a little tight.
How much does the medical aid cover, and what etc.
Would appreciate the help.

Reply to MonTage
Posted by: Purple | 2012-09-17

Seems you are soon going to have to change your name from Fatty Boom Boom to skinny malinky.

Reply to Purple

Posted by: Just Saying | 2012-09-14

Hi! I''m so very happy for you and the progress you are making. Enjoy the journey and remember before you know it you''re going to be the skiiny girl you always dreamed of being.

Yes my journey has started too, thanks to your post. I''ve seen the surgeon, and next week get to see all the other specialists involved in the process. I truly hope that this is one gift I can give myself.

Have a great weekend

Reply to Just Saying
Posted by: Lils | 2012-09-14

Hello girl ... been following your posts and still very happy for you!!! Just hang in there sunshine - before you know it you''ll be the sexy slim girl that''s been lurking and begging to come out for years!!! Good luck!!!

Reply to Lils