Question
Posted by: Chanel | 2012-07-09

Lamotrigine

Hi everyone,

I am happy to report my doctor''s appointment went well:o) He is a nice doc and I feel comfortable talking to him.
He started me on the above mentioned meds for now, but I forgot to ask him and the pharmacist if I can drink myprodol/nurofen/allergex/sinucon, if I have lamotrigine in my system?
Well i had to have allergex this weekend I suffer from severe allergies and all was fine.

Thank you :o))

Delighted to hear you have made a good start with this doctor. Of course, as you realize, you should have discussed this with the doc, and with the pharmacist, and should do so the next time you see them.
Lamotrigine, as I recall, has rather less drug interaction problems what many other alternatives in that line of meds. The more potentially troublesome ones are usually other drugs used for depression / bipolar disorder. There can be concerns with some oral contraceptives, and it needs to be used carefully if you have kidney and other physical illnesses.
Do discus this with your doc, though the meds you list should probably be OK.
By the way, folks, ALWAYS before accepting a prescription from any doctor, insist both on him explaining all relevant side-effects and interactions with other drugs, AND tell him all other drugs you are taking, whether prescribed or bought over-the-counter

1