Question
Posted by: Lee | 2012/03/22

Lamictin and Cipralex

Im currently taking Lamictin for epilepsy 150mg and ive recently started taking cipralex for anxiety, I would like to know if I can take them all together at night in one shot? or should I wait an hour or two between them?

Yes. Cipralex is basically an antidepressant also used in Anxiety, and Lamictin though originally intended just for epilepsy, is also used in Bipolar Disorder to reduce mood swings and may help in depression to. So they're both used together at times, and I haven't seen reports of problems with the combination. I'm sure your doctor was confident of that too, or he wouldn't have prescribed them together - but its wise of you to think about such possible problems.

3
Posted by: Don | 2012/03/22

Yes, Cipralex is a fluoxatine based AD and works well to curb OCD. In fact OCD is a form of anxiety so any med that curb anxiety will also reduce OCD symptoms.

Reply to Don
Posted by: Lee | 2012/03/22

Thank you, it wasn''t the same doc that prescribed both, my neurologist prescribed Lamictin and my psych prescribed Cipralex. I was also wondering if Cipralex could also help with the treatment of OCD symptoms?

Reply to Lee