Question
Posted by: Dike | 2010/03/25

Laid hand on my woman

Hi all,

Last night I dot so irritated with my girlfriend''s nagging and constant accusations that I shoved her. I feel so damn guilty about it. It''s like this supernatural spirit took control over me. I really hate myself right now.

How to do apologize and make her believe that I will never ever do such a thing again. I''m planning on buying flowers, running her bath tub and giving her a massage tonight just to apologize. I do realise that nothing is ever reasons enough to so much as push a woman. This unfortunately means she will never understand my frustrations with her consistently undermining me and accusing me of things as I''m left to show remorse for my actions.

Please advice.

P.S. I know I''m an idiot for doing what I did, not sure if I should go for counselling about my anger problems!

I agree with B and qwerty - priority is to sit down calmly and apologise, and explain to her as you have to us, who bad you feel aboutn this, and WHY you feel bad.
Counselling for you with anger management, etc., might be a good idea IF you have general problems with managing inappropriate degrees of anger and inappropriate behaviours when angry, as a general problem with different people and occasions. If the problems arise mainly between the pair of you, joint couples counselling would probably be better, and could benefit both of you

7
Posted by: John | 2010/03/29

" This unfortunately means she will never understand my frustrations with her consistently undermining me and accusing me of things as I''''m left to show remorse for my actions." 

Funny thing a lot of men that abuse woman say the same thing, its never their fault but the woman made them do it.

Mans Man, I don''t think you even have a clue about being a man.

Reply to John
Posted by: Mans Man | 2010/03/25

This is all much adoo about nothing. You should have given her back hand. Then all this wanting to say sorry and make up would have been viable.

Shoves between couples happen. My women shoves all the time.

Reply to Mans Man
Posted by: Dike | 2010/03/25

Thank you for the responses.

I''ll do my best to make things work.

Reply to Dike
Posted by: Joe | 2010/03/25

I think you''re just an a**hole...

Reply to Joe
Posted by: qwerty | 2010/03/25

I agree with B. DON" T try to buy her forgiveness!! Be sincere. Start off by telling her exactly what you''ve told us. You''ll be able to get through to her much better by being honest than by showering her with gifts.

Secondly I would suggest you both work on ways (preferably through couples counselling) to improve your communication, so that you can let her know when she does something to upset you when it happens. Otherwise it just festers and erupts into what happened here! Counselling is a safe, neutral environment where you can both raise issues that bother you, and there will be a trained professional to guide you through it.

I wish you all the best!!

Reply to qwerty
Posted by: B | 2010/03/25

The flowers, bath etc...are an insult in my opinion. Cheap gesture to soothe YOUR conscience.

Just sit her down and be sincere and hope that she forgives you.

Maybe see a counsellor, at least you are man enough to find a solution and admit you might have a problem.

Good luck.

Reply to B