Question
Posted by: dw | 2012-03-02

lady friend??

Ive been with this guy for 5 weeks. He made it very clear right from the beginning that he wanted a relationship, didnt want anymore friends. We started spending a lot of time together and he basically called me his girlfriend. Now yesterday we go out for dinner with his cousin and he tells his cousing I am his lady friend. When I ask him about this, he said that it is the same as girlfriend. I dont see that it means the same thing. Now Im wondering if that is all he sees in me, his friend!!

Everyone has there own personal definition of such common terms, and none of us are totally right, except for ourselves. Calmly talk about this with him, to understand what Girlfriend and Ladyfriend mean TO HIM. It was him who said it, using his meanings, not yours

6

Posted by: Obvious | 2012-03-02

5 weeks is a very short time to decide 2 be in an exclusive relationship and far 2 soon to be called a girlfriend.
Do not push him as you are coming across as desperate.........

Reply to Obvious
Posted by: XXX | 2012-03-02

It can be totally harmless and just a word he uses BUT I would simply check with him.

Reply to XXX
Posted by: No | 2012-03-02

No way Zimbabwe....Lady is respectful yes - but LADY FRIEND is just... no.

Reply to No
Posted by: Zimbabwe | 2012-03-02

Are you a GIRL or a LADY? A lady shows more respect than a girl I think he respects you

Reply to Zimbabwe
Posted by: Kelly | 2012-03-02

Maybe to him it means girlfriend... Guys are weird sometimes.
Maybe he''s just not ready to let his family and close friends know about it until he is sure about you.In that case he should not have been so sure about himself saying he does not want a friend but a girlfriend.

Maybe you should ask him exactly what you are to him right now and also to refer to you as such if that is what you are to him.

Reply to Kelly