Question
Posted by: Nico | 2010/02/22

Lactose intollerance

What is the most accurate test for analyzing the effectiveness of treatment in patients with Lactose intollerance? (probably between the Hydrogen breath test and the Blood glucose test? How much does it more or less cost to do these test?
(Any feedback welcome, I''m going to do research this year on a " natural"  treatment for lactose intollerance.)

Dear Nico
I would suggest that you start off by contacting one of the large pathology labs (Ampath, Lancet, etc) to discuss the prices and efficacy of the lactose intolerance tests. Also contact the Allergy Association by visiting their Website at: www.allallergy.net to find out more about lactose intolerance. There is no "natural" treatment for lactose intolerance because it is caused by the lack of the enzyme required to digest lactose. So patients either cut out all or some lactose from their diets, or they can use lactose enzyme preparations to help them digest lactose. You can't cure this condition or force the body to make more lactase enzyme.

1

Dear Nico