Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2011/05/25

Lactose Intolerant

Hi Doc,

Can one become Lactose Intolerant later in life?

Everytime i have a cup of coffee, I become really Nauseous. In the morning after my coffee i brush my teeth and then i end up throwing up from the nausea.

Thanks in Advance

Lisa

I really do not think that you are lactose intolerant. The nausea after a cup of coffee, might be due to gastric irritation. I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination and a possible gastroscopy. Your doctor can also do blood tests to evaluate if you are lactose intolerant.

Please however, also note that you might merely experience heartburn.