Question
Posted by: Cindy | 2008/08/22

Lactose intolerant

Dear Doc

I' m lactose intolerant and mildly wheat intolerant. I don' t eat milk products and rarely eat wheat. It has helped a lot.
However I still get bad stomach upsets and cramps usually after eating some foods. e.g. high in fat foods, spicy foods, caffiene (diet coke) etc. I sometime wake up in the night with badly upset stomach.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Cindy

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It is possible that your stomach is sensitive to these foods that you have mentioned. The best advice will be to avoid them completely. I do however, recommend that you consult a gastroenterologist for a full examination, to exclude any pathology.

Kind regards