Question
Posted by: Hilda Kruger | 2011/08/16

Lactose Intolerance

I have found that any dairy products, no matter how small the helping - even one small portion of milk chocolate - gives me lower tummy aches, bloating and excessive wind. I also had very loose sludgy stools.

I started taking a probiotic supplement, as well as a nightly sennakot (natural senna) laxative, and strange as it may seem, this routine has helped with the bloating and wind, and stranger still, my stools have firmed up!

My question to you is: Which foods can I safely take to get enough calcium, magnesium, boron and silicon for bone health?

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Hilda
It does sound as if you have irritable bowel syndrome more so than lactose intolerance, but am glad the pro-biotics help- I'mm not sure about the senna laxative as this can give you a lazy bowel in the long run- try and do only the pro biotics.
As dairy is really the best way to get calcium in your diet and the other green veggies will cause you to become more bloated, your only option is to take a calcium supplement. Many of them have all the other stuff, but you basically need calcium and vit D - 1000mg of calcium and 800IU vit D /day.

1
Posted by: Healthy Bones | 2011/08/31

Dear Hilda

Reply to Healthy Bones