Question
Posted by: delene | 2010/05/28

Lactococcus Lactis

Could you please tell me if Lactococcus Lactis is a probiotic or not? i read an article on Cealiac Disease which my daughter suffer from and it mentioned that experiments show that by taking this, assists the gut and it becomes less permeable.
Please advise. My daughter is taking VSL#3 sachets but i don''t know if is adequate.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Lactococcus Lactis is a bacterium (used widely for industrial production of fermented dairy products such as milk, cheese, and yogurt). Certain strains of Lactococcus Lactis (in particular the Strain HV219) will under certain circumstances be effective as probiotic, i.e. if taken with specific antibiotics.

It is often used in combination with OTHER probiotics.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/05/31

Reply to pharmacist