Question
Posted by: Tarrin | 2012-05-14

Lacto Ova vegetarian - 11 months old

i have an 11 month old boy who I am raising as a Lacto- Ovo vegetarian. He isnt sleeping well at night. Compared to other babies his age we know he doesnt eat as much and often turns food away. He prefers solid (he has 6 teeth) to mashed which is what we feed him most. I think he may be bored of the usual mashed egg, or sweat potatoes, carrots, etc. we do give him fish on occasion.

Please advise what he should be eating a day, quantity and food groups, perhaps we arent feeding adequately from all the food groups. If you could provide an age appropriate meal plan for a Lacto - ovo vegetarian or advise where I could find one that would be greatly appreciated as my research isnt turning up much helpful info.

Dear Tarrin
I have not specifically listed a lacto-ovo-vegetarian diet for infants and young children on this Website. You could obtain more information by visiting the Website of the Vegetarian Society of SA at: www.vegsoc.org.za
As I mentioned to the previous Reader, it is always a good idea if you have a dietetic problem, esp in young children to consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will assess you son's food intake and his growth and help you with an individual diet and dietary advice to increase his intake of nutrients.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2012-05-15

Dear Tarrin