Question
Posted by: Mich 24 | 2011/04/12

LACTIC ACID BUILD UP

I''m a 42 year old female and I''ve been experiencing a painful knee for the past 3 weeks. I''ve never had problems with my knees before. I take 2 flights of stairs at work and I have stairs in my house (14steps). I don''t go to gym. My doctor said there was nothing wrong with my actual knee but some of my calf muscles and thigh muscles were extremely tender and sore to the touch. He prescribed anti-inflammatories. I went for 3 sessions with the physiotherapist for treatment and exercises. There are lumps and bumps in my thigh muscles. I''ve been reading about lactic acid build up in muscles. This morning I started taking my Altosec''s which I have left from some gastric problems last year. I thought the sore muscles might be related to stomach cramps and reflux problems I''ve had lately.Will that help with the muscle problems or must I continue with the anti-inflammatories?

Hallo Mich 24
Altosec will not help for lactic acid build up in muscles. I would however advise testing your uric acid levels if the joint feels painful, and is red and warm. Knee pain can also be caused by a pinched nerve in the back (L3/4 level) so ask the physio to check for this too? If your calf is swollen and tender (measure it and compare with other one) it could be a sign of a deep vein thrombosis.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/04/12

Hallo Mich 24