Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/15

Lactating but not pregnant

I' m 25 years old, and went off the pill about 10 weeks ago. About six weeks ago I had sex, but with a condom. Two weeks after that I took a home pregnancy test and it was negative. I had my period two weeks ago. There is a milky substance being discharged out of my breasts. What does this mean? I' m on anti-depressants and I' ve heard that this sometimes increases the Prolactin levels in your body? Should I have it checked out?

Some antidepressants can cause lactation. It depends which one you are using.