Posted by: Hasinah | 2012-08-29

lack of sleep in a child

i have a niece of 7 yrs old who only sleeps at 11pm or 12pm at night even when put to bed early at 9 pm she will still play or talk or do something herself till she falls off to sleep. She battles to wake up for school the next day however my sister forces her to wake up an sends her to school. She will never nap or fall asleep during the day despite her late night. When she goes to bed early she tells my sister she cannot sleep an she doesn" t appear sleepy either. my sister restricts her from having sugary foods in the evening an caffiene. my sister is at her wits end an doesn''t know what to do? how to make her sleep? she has been a child with very little sleep since birth. my sister has taken her to the gp repeatedly an to the pediatrician however they could not find anything wrong with her medically. They say she is perfectly healthy. Also her performance at school is excellent. Please help are there other parents out there with similar difficulties?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

The most important thing is how she is doing at school - if she is doing well then she may just be a normal short sleeper.

However, to get a proper evaluation - there are many possible reasons for this - you would need to get her to see a paediatric sleep doctor.

Posted by: Pamreshaz | 2012-10-14

i think their advocate is ralley nice. i do hope that this can be not just a one time event. alam mo naman tayo laging simula lang. thanks for joining. continue living green.

Reply to Pamreshaz