Posted by: Spicy | 2010-08-31

Lack of sex

My wife does not want to have intercourse with me. She does not like me touching her. We have a year old baby and after his birth (c-section)we enjoyed regular sex for 6 months, now she does not want to have it at all. I have sex once a month to not at all. Is this normal?

Dear Spicy,

It is not uncommon for couples to experience significant changes in their sexual relationship after the birth of especially their first child. The impact of adlusting to a child practically, physically, emotionally, socially etc impacts on the mother and father.

It would be advisable to consider seeing a sex therapist to address the problem so that certain changes can be discussed and normalised and as a couple you could work on a plan to address the problem, before it becomes a pattern and the norm.

Posted by: KG | 2010-08-31

Yes it is, especially if you dont help out with the baby, She concentrates too much on the baby alone, so by night time she is tired, she wants to rest. :-) This might sound silly but it happened to me.

Reply to KG