Posted by: misbehavn | 2009-09-28

Lack of Sex

Dear Doc,

I would like to understand why my wife rarely wants to have sex. She does however enjoy it when we do have sex, but that is in the region of once / twice a month (recently).

She claims its because she' s stressed out with work etc... And I have tried many things to " get her in the mood"  but to no avail.

I am a guy that enjoy' s having sex... and I have a feeling this is affecting my erection as well. I used to have an erection lasting about 20 minutes... Recently it' s been like 5. Why???

Not to forget when we do have sex, according to her, I have to remain hard, yet she does nothing to keep me turned on etc...

Please advise

the fact that she does enjoy sex when your'l do have it, may indicate that your wife has a desire problem which can be due to many factors (medical and psychological, including stress).
discuss your concern with your wife and contemplate seeing a couple's counsellor/sexologist to identify the cause and possible solutions to her decreased desire.
also indicate to your wife the ripple effect it is having on your erections and highlight things that she can do to help keep you aroused in bed.

Posted by: Ja | 2009-09-29

Babe, oh Babe! Where are more women like you?!?!?!

Reply to Ja
Posted by: Babe | 2009-09-28

Just a note on the erection time: the more often you have sex the higher your testosterone levels. So because you are having sex very infrequently your testosterone levels may be very low by now, which may one of the explainations for the erection problems. I wish wifes would understand how extremely important testosterone is for the health of their husbands, maybe more women will make sex a PRIORITY and not last on their list of daily chores.

Reply to Babe