Question
Posted by: PvJ | 2013/02/18

Lack of sensation

Dear Doc

For some time now I do not experience the full sensation typical of ejaculation, only about 3 out of 10. Is this condition normal at 60? I was diagnosed with an enlarged prostate about 12 years ago, but no cancer. My last check-up was Sept 2012.

It is quite normal for ejaculation to be less forceful, to have a less intense "inevitability" point, and to be shorter in duration. Given that you have had a physical check up (hopefully including PSA levels - usually checked via blood tests and digital rectal examination) and gotten the all clear, then the changes are likely to be caused by aging.

Claire - SASHA