Posted by: Bella | 2013-01-15

lack of oxygen

I am a runner an I am finding that if I try and do a quality session like sprints for 1km or 2minute hill sprints my entire nasal passage seem sot just block up hence i cannot breathe, literally and therefore have to stop cos I lack the oxygen to get me further up the hill or to complete an entire km sprint. I can manage a hill sprint of about 40secs and that is it where as before I could run ten 2 minutes in succession without any problem. Please can you help, if you cannot please point me in the correct direction. i have also been to a ENT who only prescribed afamys nasal spray and a saline solution to rinse out my sinuses, but in my opinion as humble as it is , THERE IS SOME SERIOUS PROBLEM,
Thank you in advance for your help/advice

Expert ImageBiokinetics expert

Hi Bella,

Training with chronic sinuses? Can be a problem...

Could be that the environment you training in is too dusty or bad for your sinuses.
Take what your ENT gave you before exercise and see how it progresses?
I would also advise you to go for a lung function test at a Biokineticist to see if your lungs are ok? It may not be only your nasal passage.