Question
Posted by: unhappy | 2010-09-05

lack of intimacy

please can you help and say what can i do if there is a lack of intimacy in a 5year relationship which was never completely like this or only sporadically from time to time. Who else has a man who is physically not interested in you and in most other ways he is looking after you and caring and have your wellbeing and welfare at heart but the one very important thing i need and want and lack is intimacy and a physical relationship and bonding with lots of touch and affection and sex. How is this possibly a good positive thing or am i just being selfish and like a spoiled child who can''t get want i want and need?

I don't entirely understand what you are saying. There is a current lack of intimacy in your relationship ; but it sounds as if it has always been so, with only occasional [eriods of him being temporarily or somewhat interested ? He may love you and care for you, but may for any of a host of possible reasons, he may have a low libido ( many physical conditions can do this, as can chronic or acute stress, or depression ).
See a marriage counsellor together to work on this as it could benefit both of you

3
Posted by: XXX | 2010-09-06

There could be some medical issue/stress/lack of fitness etc.Some people just have a low libido !
It might be best if you go see a sexologist to talk through the issues.

Reply to XXX
Posted by: Germ | 2010-09-06

Try something new, buy some sexy underwear, dance for him or something, make it different you will know what he likes and if still no intimacy I think you then have a problem, I’ m a man and if that does not make him want you nothing will!!!

Reply to Germ