Posted by: Ivy | 2010-04-26

Lack of energy or desire

My partner informed me last night that I have been cold and have not initiated sex for about 6 months. I am aware of a handful of cases were I did initiate BUT he is right. I am 29 (female) and I have lost interest. I am not sleeping very well, I am tired all the time, I do exercise. I have gained about 10kg since we started dating, he says he still finds me very attractive but I hate the fact that I can''t shed the weight and I hate my body at the moment. It sounds like a stupid reason but that is the only reason I can think of why I would be interested in sex. It wasn''t always like this. We used to have a healthy sex life. I do initiate when I have had a few drinks but even that hasn''t helped lately.

What can I do to get this back and be myself again? I have been crying non-stop since he told me this and I feel terrible for neglecting him and I feel terrible because I don''t know how to fix it.

There are many reasons why woman loose interest in sex. From the symptoms you list there is a large possibility that you perhaps suffer from depression (loss of interest in sex, lack of energy, insomnia, weight gain and crying all the time). It might be a good idea to discuss your problems with your general practitioner in order to sort out your mood state.

Posted by: boomsie | 2010-04-26

make a point in setting date nights,or lovemaking nights, then you will know and start preparing ourself during the day.

Reply to boomsie
Posted by: Nice Guy | 2010-04-26

i feel that your partner has some balls to come out and says that right in your face, it takes a real man to make a statement like that. i personally think that he should tell you to get help as he is in love with you and do not want to lose you. please take him with and attend a counciling but make sure that he recognise your help seeking step. That was Nice Guy

Reply to Nice Guy