Question
Posted by: Pinky | 2011/10/22

Lack of Energy and Sex Drive

When I first met my husband I was full of energy and full of life, always jumping around and playful. But the last two years after having my baby I have become so dull and lifeless with no energy and really lazy actually never wanting to do anything. I have even lost my sex drive completely!! I get the feeling ever since Ive moved out of my parents house I have been lacking some kind of vitamin or mineral. What could I take to give me back my energy and want for life without making me pick up weight?? PLEASE HELP.

There are several things that could explain this; the most important to rule out first are physical. I am wondering about things like your iron levels or other possible physical causes so have this checked out with your GP. ONce you have a clean bill of health, you need to begin to look at your lifestyle now that you have a young child - what is your diet & sleep routine like?, how much time for yourself do you get? do you still do things that you enjoy or is it all about the baby now? There are a number of things that can reduce libido - tiredness, poor physical health, side effects of other medication, resentment of your husband, etc. If any of these resonate, you need to find a way to make changes not only for you but also for your baby - a baby needs a happy and resilient mother!

Claire - SASHA
For further information please consult SASHA's website at www.sexualhealth.qw.co.za/dru For referral to a professional in your vicinity, please send an email to helpline.sasha@gmail.com

1
Posted by: Sexologist | 2011/10/23

Claire - SASHA

Reply to Sexologist