Question
Posted by: Neo | 2011/09/05

lack of energy

Hi Doc,

I hope you can help. I am 32, used to weigh 78kg, i started execrcising in Feb 2011, and lost 10 kgs since then, changed my diet as well to be more healthier, I now weigh 68. Ideal weight is 60, according to BMI. i do indulge every now and then. my problem is recently i do not have energy. i go to gym and just struggle through a spinning/aerobics class. What can i do for energy, i just find i am really exhasted, are there any supplements i can take for energy. i really would love to exercise more but i lack energy. I normally excesise for 1 hour - 4 - 5 times a week. please help

Hi Neo

I think your problem is largely dietary. Lack of energy usually means you're not getting the right nutrient volumes, and that's what is really important. So I think you need to consider seeing a dietician - you achieved amazing results in a short time, and while that's brilliant, it does indicate that your energy balance over the last 9 months has been pretty radically down. So it's perhaps not surprising that you're feeling a little flat. I think the type of foods, the number of portions and the total quantity is going to be important, and I really do think that you need to see a dietician to get this advice.

Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/09/08

Hi Neo

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc