Question
Posted by: maria | 2010/07/05

lack of energy

I am trying to be strong and healthy but have no energy for gym.
I ''''ll have pronutro wholewheat or oatmeal for breakfast, snack on apple/rice cake. Lunch chicken on low gi bread or wholeheat pasta and beef, then a banana before gym followed by protein shake after gym.

Should i eat a preotein bar before gym for energy?

Maria

Hi Maria

I think a protein bar before might help, but I think your bigger problem is an overall lack of energy intake, that a protein bar once a day isn't going to address, no matter when you eat it. It sounds like a very energy restricted diet, and energy is what you need most.

My advice is to see a dietician, it's always best to do this to be sure. It does sound to me like you need to assess not only what you eat, but when you eat and how much you eat. The problem if you don't address this is that you'll be less and less able to hang in there for gym and eventually run out of energy altogether, maybe fall ill and so forth.

So I'd say it's important to see someone. Failing that, I think you need to increase the energy content of the diet, and not just with one more protein bar, but bigger portions, more meals, more carbs.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/07/16

Hi Maria

Reply to fitnessdoc